lymphoma awareness ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos

Thursday, June 3, 2010

She's still kickin'...


Just had a talk with Grandma & she's doing fair she says. She tells me that this week is definitely much better then last - the medicine & the treatments are starting to set in and get to her. She said every part of her body from toe to the top of her head was in pain last week but thankfully this week is much better!


She had a 4 hour treatment yesterday...when I asked her today how it went she said "my butt fell asleep"! Gotta love Grandma, her personality still shines through! Lol I asked her if she was bored at all & she told me no because there was a lady in there with her that was from Brenham that "doesn't shut up" and she said we talked about everything from "cooking to wearing stockings" (I haven't called pantyhose stockings in YEARS but Grandma still does! He,He!) I can only imagine what all they discussed!

Grandma was lucky enough to a few weeks ago get with the GREAT people at the American Cancer Society in Bryan and she got 2 new wigs to help camouflage her hair loss - losing her hair is Grandma's biggest concern I think! She is getting my Aunt Judy - who used to be a hair dresser - to style them for her so they look natural and like her "real" hair! She is just so excited about that!

I know she is praying hard and I know that everyone's prayers are working. The Dr. has said the lump on her chest is getting smaller so that is GREAT news but we are no where near out of the woods with her liver yet! Please keep the prayers coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment